Adding the location of your sighting
On the map use the zoom buttons to zoom in and out. Click and drag to move the map. Once you’re happy with the location right click to add a marker. A marker can be dragged around after it has been added.
Only use this option if you have a good idea what species of animal you saw. If you are unsure then leave this blank and try to describe the animal in the description box below.
Your Name and contact
Typing in your name and contact details are optional, only fill these in if you feel comfortable. We understand if you’re not.
Remember there are no right and wrong answers here, just be as factual as possible. What you write in here is entirely up to you. Below are some things to guide you if you are struggling with writers block.
- Time of day, time of year (if an old sighting)
- Were you alone or with someone
- Was the animal alone
- How long did the sighting last and how clear was your view.
- What colour was it, were there any markings.
- The animals height, long legs or short legs, describe the tail, describe the head.
- What was the animal doing when you spotted it and did it run off.